Since 1963 we have been creating unforgettable camp experiences. This tradition continues as we put the camper/guest experience first. We strive to create a fun and inviting atmosphere so God can speak, his voice can be heard, and his word will have impact.
During our daily activities, recreation, worship services, and missionary times, we lead campers in growing in their faith in Jesus Christ, developing relationships, building skills, and serving others.
Safety and risk management are our top priorities. We stay up to date on industry standards to provide the best experience for our campers and guests.
• Our staff are carefully selected and screened through a detailed application process including annual local, state, and federal back ground checks, interview, and multiple references.
• All staff are a part of our comprehensive orientation and training process following the best industry standards.
• There are always certified lifeguards on duty at aquatic activities and staff are trained in First-Aid, CPR, and AED.
• We provide a registered health care professional during each weeklong camp to administer medications and provide medical care.
• Please connect with us at least a week before your child’s arrival to camp if there are any special diet concerns or other needs and we will be happy to help.
Caraway is located in the geographical center of North Carolina in the Uwharrie Mountains about 7 miles west of Asheboro. We are close to 3 interstate highways and about 45 minutes from The Piedmont Triad International Airport.
Mark “Hound Dawg” Moore has been coming to Caraway since he was 7 years old when he attended a father-son camp with his father. Through his experiences as a camper here and at many other Christian camps, God kept calling him back to Caraway as a CIT, Lifeguard, Camp Counselor, Summer Camp Assistant Director, and now full time as the Children’s Camps Program Director since 2010.
Shelly Gandy loves camp and attended Christian camps as a student in her home state of Mississipi. She is married and has two children. Shelly looks forward to helping you sign up for your child’s Caraway experience.